Why Seattle-King County?
Connected Communities: The Future of the Connected Economy
and Building Prosperity Across the Region
Thursday, January 14, 2016 | Westin Seattle Hotel | 7:00 am – 1:30 pm
Thank you to our speakers, sponsors, attendees, volunteers, and support staff who all contributed to one of the biggest and best Economic Forecast Conferences yet. The 44th Annual Economic Forecast Conference proved to be the most engaging in history as our audience's social media activity led us to trend nationwide on Twitter! Below, you'll see links to the Economic Forecast presentations and photos of the event. Please contact us if you have questions or feedback!
- View the 44th Annual Economic Forecast Conference Agenda
- View the Economic Forecast presentations
- Visit our Facebook page to see photos or the event. Don't forget to "Like" our page and tag yourself in the photos!
- View footage from the conference below. Thanks to KIRO-7 for your partnership!
- Here are some of the videos we showed at the conference:
The 2016 Economic Forecast Conference theme explored the connectivity of our region’s economy, underpinned by legacy industries such as aerospace and maritime and catalyzed by cutting-edge technology and Research & Development. Home to the pioneers of the connected economy, the Seattle region has become a global hub of cloud computing, big data and analytics, software development, life-saving medical breakthroughs, commercial space innovations, and advanced manufacturing. As our region’s industry clusters continue to mature, they blend together to create powerful intersections, sparking inventive subsectors, such as sustainable maritime and far-reaching space exploration technology. Unprecedented cross-industry collaboration sets the stage for an exciting analysis of the connected economy’s true potential and opportunities to leverage the Seattle region’s assets to increase economic prosperity for all.
For over 40 years, the Economic Development Council of Seattle & King County’s (EDC) annual Economic Forecast Conference has helped business and community leaders translate economic trends into competitive intelligence to successfully plan for the future. See everything that happened at the 43rd Annual Economic Forecast Conference here.
Each year, in recognition of organizations who positively impact our regional economy and serve as strong partners in economic development, we present our Economic Development Champion Awards to two outstanding organizations at our annual Economic Forecast Conference. The 2016 Economic Development Champion Award recipients were:
2016 Public Sector Economic Development Champion: City of Auburn
2016 Private Sector Economic Development Champion: The Boeing Company
Congratulations and thanks for the contributions to our region's economy!
- Largest economic forecast event in the Northwest
- Attended by 750+ of the region’s business & community leaders
- Renowned keynote speakers, national experts & elected officials
- Captivating panels & informative breakout sessions
- Wide array of innovative showcase displays
- Keynote Luncheon
- Presentation of the Puget Sound Business Journal Executive of the Year Award & the EDC Economic Development Champion Awards
- Download an EFC Overview here
Bellevue College | Community Attributes Inc. | City of Auburn | City of Issaquah |
McKinstry | Museum of Flight | NW Seaport Alliance | Port of Seattle | Seco Development |
WA State Department of Commerce
The Westin Seattle1900 5th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101 United States