Why Seattle-King County?
DATE & LOCATION: Thursday, March 8 | 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. | Westin Seattle Hotel
EDC 46 was a resounding success! Thank you to our speakers, sponsors, partners, volunteers, Innovation Showcase participants, EDC Board, EFC Steering Committee and our year-round investors for making this one of the biggest and most successful Economic Forecast Conferences yet! We were excited to have nearly 800 in attendance, including representatives from large and small businesses, elected officials, government, educational institutions, nonprofits, and trade associations among the packed crowd. Below, you'll see links to the Economic Forecast presentations and photos of the event. Please contact us if you have questions or feedback!
For 46 years, the Economic Development Council of Seattle & King County’s annual Economic Forecast Conference, the largest forecast conference in the region, has helped business and community leaders translate economic trends into competitive intelligence to successfully plan for the future.
“Fueled by Creativity: Jobs. Innovation. Growth.,” explored the emerging importance locally and globally of the creative economy. Sessions and speakers examined how the creative economy is integral to all industries, and when effectively cultivated, is a powerful engine of growth and community vitality.
- Global and U.S. Market and Outlook - Ehiwario Efeyini, Bank of America
- National Economic Overview - Skylar Olsen, Zillow
- Pacific Northwest Economic Forecast - Chris Mefford, Community Attributes Inc.
- Cultivating a 21st Century Workforce - Ben Grossman-Kahn, Catalyze
- Mexican Ingenuity - Consul Roberto Dondisch, Consulate to Mexico in Seattle
- As tech cities battle affordability issues, suburbs look to pick up the slack - Nat Levy, GeekWire
- Business Leaders In King, Pierce Counties Ask: Where Does The Economy Go From Here? - Simone Alicia & Will James, KNKX
- Five takeaways from the Economic Forecast Conference - Todd Matthews, 425 Business
- Xbox co-creator Ed Fries on Seattle’s status as a gaming hub, Nintendo Switch’s success, and more - Nat Levy, GeekWire
- Snohomish County executive accepts economic development award - Bothell-Kenmore Reporter
See guest and sponsor reactions on our event Tagboard.
- Largest economic forecast event in the Northwest
- Attended by nearly 800 of the region’s business & community leaders
- Renowned keynote speakers, national experts & elected officials
- Captivating panels & informative sessions
- Wide array of innovative showcase displays
- Keynote Luncheon
- Presentation of the EDC Economic Development Champion Awards to the Port of Seattle, Snohomish County and Microsoft
Photos by Jerry and Lois Photography.
Thank you to our event sponsors!