Why Seattle-King County?
Business without Boundaries
A regional look at cutting-edge business trends, our uniquely diverse industries and the Seattle region’s emergence as a global center
Thursday, January 12, 2017 | 7:30 am - 1:30 pm | The Westin Seattle
Thank you to our speakers, sponsors, partners, volunteers, Innovation Showcase participants, EDC Board, EFC Steering Committee and our year-round investors for making this one of the biggest and most successful Economic Forecast Conferences yet! We were pleased to have a sell-out crowd of over 875 representatives from businesses large and small, 50 elected officials, government, educational institutions, labor partners, nonprofits, and trade associations among the packed crowd. The 45th Annual Economic Forecast Conference proved to be the most engaging in history. Below, you'll see links to the Economic Forecast presentations and photos of the event. Please contact us if you have questions or feedback!
Photos, Presentations & Videos Now Available
- 45th Annual Economic Forecast Conference Agenda
- Conference Speakers' Bios
- Check out our media coverage
- Speaker Presentations
- Global Forecaster: Karin Kimbrough, Managing Director and Head of Investment Strategy, Bank of America
- National Forecaster: Skylar Olsen, Senior Economist, Zillow
- Regional Forecaster: Chris Mefford, President & CEO, Community Attributes Inc.
- Steve Banfield, CEO, ReachNow
- View footage from the conference below.
- Here are some of the videos we showed at the conference:
- Largest economic forecast event in the Northwest
- Attended by a sold out crowd of 850+ of the region’s business & community leaders
- Renowned speakers, national experts & elected officials
- Captivating panels & informative breakout sessions
- Wide array of Innovative Showcase displays
- Keynote Luncheon
- Presentation of the Puget Sound Business Journal Executive of the Year Award & the EDC Economic Development Champion Awards
Our regional economy has shifted from being driven by industry clusters in isolation to one cluster informing another—big data and analytics impacting life sciences & health; clean technology impacting construction; tech impacting aerospace and maritime—at these intersections lies our competitive advantage. At EFC45, we will explore the economic ecosystem in the greater Seattle region that promotes our uniquely diverse economy while showcasing examples of reinvention and collaboration across industries. As the region experiences unprecedented rates of growth, we must continually navigate and adapt to an ever-changing and globally competitive economic landscape.
At EFC45, you will gain valuable insight on how our region can not only adapt to but capitalize on the current climate of change and continue to emerge as a vibrant global center that promotes jobs and economic prosperity for all. Don’t miss your chance to join the conversation, learn what lies ahead for the region with forecasts from nationally recognized experts, and network with other Northwest community and business leaders. For 45 years, the Economic Development Council of Seattle & King County’s annual Economic Forecast Conference, the largest forecast conference in the region, has helped business and community leaders translate economic trends into competitive intelligence to successfully plan for the future.
- Regional Forecasting Conference Identifies Key Issues for 2017 - 425 Business
- Economists: With new president, business outlook uncertain - The Herald
- Economic Experts: Optimistic Forecast for Seattle’s Regional Economy Despite Political Uncertainty - Yahoo Finance
- How Seattle can avoid becoming San Francisco: Be 'YIMBYs' not 'NIMBYs' - Puget Sound Business Journal
- Facebook Live with Kiro 7 featuring Lessons learned from the San Francisco Bay Area
- Facebook Live with Kiro 7 featuring Suzanne Dale Estey, President & CEO
- Seattle economist: Here's what the Puget Sound region can expect in 2017 - Puget Sound Business Journal
- Despite ‘dumb-ass Tweets’ from president-elect Trump, Seattle’s economic forecast is ‘awesome’ - GeekWire
- Seattle to Become Testing Grounds for BMW ReachNow's Autonomous Cars - The Drive
Table & Display Sponsors
For sponsorship and exhibitor information, please contact us at 206-389-8650 or email@example.com.