Why Seattle-King County?
Seattle-King County has it all:
Globally-recognized Industry Leaders: Seattle-King County is home to some of the world’s most influential companies and industries.
- Many global companies and organizations are headquartered in the region, including: Alaska Airlines, Amazon, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Microsoft, Starbucks, Costco, Weyerhaeuser, Nordstrom, REI, Juno, Zulily, Tableau, Zillow, and the Gates Foundation, among many others.
- Regional leaders are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive economy that benefits all.
A Highly-Skilled Workforce: Seattle-King County is a global center that capitalizes on its deep talent pool to attract and grow business.
- The region’s highly skilled and educated workforce provides a deep talent pool, with 47% of adults holding a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Top-tier talent is one of the key reasons out-of-state companies, such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Dropbox, Twitter, Alibaba, and SpaceX, are attracted to opening strategic locations in Seattle-King County.
Established Industry Clusters: Seattle-King County has a diverse economy with thriving industry clusters.
- The region has a foundation of well-established clusters that includes Aerospace & Defense, Information & Communications Technology, Clean Technology, Financial & Business Services, Life Sciences & Health, Maritime & Logistics, and Outdoor Recreation, Fashion & Apparel.
- The success of these clusters has contributed to innovation for emerging industry segments such as biomedical devices, interactive media, e-commerce, clean energy, and space exploration.
- Small and medium-sized businesses provide a vital contribution to the cluster ecosystem, and in turn benefit from the collaborative climate for which the Seattle-King County region is known.
Cutting-Edge Research: Seattle-King County has a culture of innovation that makes it a hub for R&D and groundbreaking ideas.
- Top-ranked research institutions, including the world-renowned University of Washington, contribute to a high-caliber talent pipeline and encourage record levels of research & development spending from the private, non-profit and public sectors.
- The region has always fostered the next generation of business, from early-stage startups to high-growth companies with long-term success.
Unbeatable Quality of Life: Seattle-King County is where employees want to live.
- Seattle-King County’s beautiful surroundings offer scenic views and countless outdoor activities—including hiking, biking, boating, skiing, and more—contributing to an ideal work/life balance and a world-renowned quality of life.
- The region is known for its strong commitment to the arts and creativity, inspiring musical and cultural scene, and is home to a wide variety of top-notch museums, cultural centers, concert venues, and theaters.
- Have you noticed our championship professional sports teams? This is the home of the Storm, Mariners, Sounders, Thunderbirds, and Super Bowl champions, the Seattle Seahawks.
- While Seattle has a reputation for rain, it receives less rain than Boston, New York, and Chicago!
Click here for Why Seattle-King County in Chinese.
Check out this video from Visit Seattle to get a taste of what the Seattle area has to offer, then plan a visit and find out for yourself!
Washington State is also a great place for business. Click here for information on incentives and doing business in Washington State.
How can we assist you?
The EDC provides confidential consulting services, free-of-charge, to businesses seeking to establish operations, expand, or relocate within King County.